West Chester was originally known as Turk’s Head – after the inn of the same name located in what is now the center of the borough. West Chester has been the seat of government in Chester County since 1786, and the borough incorporated in 1799. In the heart of town is its courthouse, a classical revival building designed in the 1840s by Thomas Walter, one of the architects for the Capitol in Washington, DC.
The Housing crash had little effect on borough as West Chester has low unemployment, high income demographics and the support of West Chester University and the Courthouse activities. The West Chester residential and commercial areas remain strong and steadily increasing in value as West Chester remains the ‘place to be’ with its varied restaurants, avid night life and booming retail industry.
Sorry we are experiencing system issues. Please try again.